Yerba Mate Double-Wall Stainless Steel Mate Tea Cup and Bombilla Set
Yerba mate is a sacred plant with a wide range of health benefits like enhancing focus, mood, concentration, and alertness. It has more antioxidants than green tea and none of the jitters of coffee. It is known to decreases stress and improves sleep.
1. Easy to clean: it is incredibly convenient to use and even easier to clean, and it is dishwasher-friendly and does not require curing before use.
2. Perfect design for a perfect Mate cup: Enjoy a delicious and healthy cup of Yerba Mate.
3. The double-walled cup keeps your tea, coffee, or Mate hot for a longer time than a regular ceramic cup.
4. Curved bombilla (Straw): pronounced bom-bee-SHAH, means “straw” in Spanish or Castellano. This model is designed with a bit of curvature to prevent the drinker from having to lower the head when taking a sip of Mate.
5. Spoon shaped bombilla: the spoon shape turns the straw into a small shovel’s head which allows you to easily scoop out the yerba when done. It is perforated with pin-sized holes dotted around the flat head of the spoon for perfect flow
6. Portable: lightweight and easy to carry around.
7. Sturdy design: dishwasher friendly and does not require curing before use.
How to make the perfect yerba mate cup:
1. Fill 2/3 to 3/4 of the cup with yerba and slant it at 45-degree angle.
2. Add lukewarm water – Pour lukewarm water as close as the wall of the gourd on the lower half of the slant of yerba. Looking at the mate from above, you should see a half-filled with water, and half-dry with the yerba.
3. Wait for 1-2 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
4. Now add hot water around 80 Celsius / 176 Fahrenheit or lower. Avoid hotter water as it will change the taste of the mate.
5. Insert the bombilla/straw on the slanted side and push down the yerba. You want to have the top that stays dry and the bottom that is wet.
6. Add more hot water at the same temperature on the lower end.
7. Your mate is ready. Repeat step 6 as many times as you like