This 4-ingredient dairy-free chocolate pudding is the simplest dessert you will ever make. It requires no baking, no setting time, no refrigeration prior to eating. I call it, instant gratification!
Not only is it dairy-free but also egg free.
You will want to double or triple this recipe because it goes quickly.
Quick Vegan Chocolate Pudding
This dairy-free chocolate pudding is loved by young and old and can be made in less than 5 minutes!
Author: Chef Sophie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 oz silken tofu
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate powder
- ⅓ cup raw sugar or rice syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 Tbsp orange jam* (optional)
- Mix the tofu and chocolate powder first in a bowl, add the vanilla, orange jam and salt.
- Pour in a blender or processor and add the sweetener.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a nice dish and serve.
- * The orange jam will add more sweetness and a little tang. It will also bring the chocolate flavor out. You can also add 1 Tbl of coconut powder for extra flavor.
If you are not familiar with silken tofu, you can find it in the same section with the regular tofu in most grocery stores. It comes in small 12oz cardboard packages that keep well even if not refrigerated. Mori-Nu is made with non-genetically modified soy beans, so this is a good option. You can use it in shakes, as filler in cream pies, to make vegan cheesecakes, in dips for an extra velvety texture. Make sure to always have several on hands.