What are pinhole glasses?
Pinhole glasses have many small openings that can focus light coming from any distance. Because it’s such a small opening, it only allows light to come through in one place, and in only one direction from any particular source. This is why there’s no blur and everything is in focus. They reduce the field of the “blur circle” on the back of your retina.
They are used as an alternative to prescription glasses to regularly exercise your eyes. They help your eyes focus by shielding your vision from indirect rays of light.
By reducing the amount of light coming into your eye, so you can see more clearly. This can helps delay the need for glasses or stronger lenses as you age and an improve the quality of vision over time.
How to use them
Wear the pinhole glasses 15-20 minutes while reading, watching tv or being on the computer. When done, do not use your reading glasses for a while.
Do not use as sun glasses. Never wear them while driving or talking a walk. Vision improvements in 2-4 weeks.
Exercises to improve your vision
– Put the glasses on and slowly move your eyes in a clockwise circle, as wide as possible. Repeat 5-10 times, then repeat counter clockwise.
– Look left to right without moving your face creating a rapid eye movement.
– Slowly look diagonally left to right, top to bottom and vice versa. Repeat
– Take some printed material, hold it at arm length. Focus on one word. Move the material closer to your face keeping the word in focus. Repeat going back and forth 5-10 times.
Benefits of using pinhole glasses
– Eliminates stress and strain caused by glasses
– Helps you see clearly both near and far
– Promotes vision habits
– Myopia (short sightedness)
– Hyperopia (long sightedness)
– Presbyopia (age-related reduced range of focus)
– Eye strain (from computer screen)