Handmade Cast Iron Chinese Teapot Set with Filter
Advantages of using an iron pot
1. Improving water quality
Iron pots can release trace iron ions and absorb chloride ions in water. Water boiled in iron pots has the same effect as mountain spring. It can improve the taste of tea.
2. Uniform heat conduction
Compared with other common pots, the heat conduction is more uniform. When heated, the bottom and all sides of the pot are heated, so the temperature can be fully raised and will keep longer.
3. Ferric Divalent Ions
When water boils, iron releases abundant ferrous ions, which can supplement the iron needed by the human body. Usually, people take in a lower quality iron from food. The human body can absorb only 4-5% of that iron, while they can absorb about 15% of the ferric ions from a cast iron pot.
Use and Maintenance
The first time you use the pot, put some hot tea and a slice of lemon directly put into the pot (to remove any odor) for about 10 minutes. In this way, the tannin contained in tea and the iron dissolved in the iron pot will form a film of tannin on the surface of the pot. Next, pour boiling water in the pot 2-3 times until the water runs transparently. It is suggested that the new pot should be used every day at the beginning of use, so that the scale can be quickly attached to prevent the pot from rusting. _
2. When boiling tea, make sure not to overfill not exceed the kettle to prevent the accidental splashing of boiling water.
3. The handle of the pot is heat-insulated, but the temperature of the lid is high. So make sure not to touch the lid when pouring hot tea and instead use a potholder to prevent burns.
4. Remove the stove after boiling and place it on the pot mat to prevent splashing or scalding the table.
5. The pot is made of pig iron with a smooth bottom. It can be heated on gas or electric stoves and even in an oven but NEVER use in a microwave.
6. After each use, pour all tea out and wipe the inside and outside of the pot with a soft dry cloth, while the filter can be cleaned with a soft brush. When cleaning, only use clean water and never add detergents.