Posts Tagged ‘Nori-Nu Silken tofu’
I take no credit for this recipe but I did tweak it a little for some extra flavor. Everyone should know it.
This is the simplest pudding desert you will ever make. It requires no baking, no setting time, no refrigeration prior to eating.
I call it, instant gratification!
You can beat 4 basic ingredients! Plus it is dairy-free and egg free.
12 oz silken tofu
1/3 cup vegan chocolate powder
1/3 cup raw sugar or rice syrup
2 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
1 TBl orange jam* (optional)
NOTE: If you are not familiar with silken tofu, you can find it in the same section with the regular tofu in most grocery stores. It comes in small 12oz cardboard packages that keep well even if not refrigerated. Mori-Nu is made with non-genetically modified soy beans, so this is great. You can use it in shakes, as filler in cream pies, for making vegan cheesecakes, in dips for an extra velvety texture. Make sure to always have several on hands.PREPARATION:
1. Mix the tofu and chocolate powder first in a bowl, add the vanilla, orange jam and salt.
2. Pour in a blender or processor and add the sweetener.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour into a nice dish and serve.
* The orange jam will add more sweetness and a little tang. It will also bring the chocolate flavor out. You can also add 1 Tbl of coconut powder for extra flavor.
Makes 2 generous servings
Subscribe by email
- TOP 10 TIPS FOR TRAVELING VEGANS
- Great Vegan Vacations in Belize
- France Votes to Reduce Food Waste
- Vegan in Las Vegas!
- Summer Gazpacho
- Fresh French Peas
- Potato Broccoli salad with chipotle dressing
- Herb Vegan Goat Cheese
- Yakisoba Noodles with tofu
- Vegan Coconut Macaroons
- Vegan Tuna Salad
- Vegan Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- French Mushroom Tart
- VEGAN DOG TREATS
- Thumbs Up for The UK!
- HEALTH & NUTRITION (10)
- MUSINGS (8)
- Vegan humor (2)
- RECIPES (55)
- Uncategorized (1)
- vegan news (9)
- Vegan Travel (5)