Archive for the ‘Pets’ Category
I have bought dog cookies for years until I tried making my own and since, I never went back to the store version. I know what is in them, I can vary the recipe depending on what I have on hand. My 2 furry kids love peanut butter! I usually make a big batch over the week-end and they last for a few weeks or as long as I keep them in an air tight container!
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup of soy flour
1 cup quick oatmeal
1/3 cup of soy milk powder + 1 cup water*
1 cup of peanut butter
1 Tbl baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 315F
- Combine and mix dry ingredients.
- Mix the peanut butter and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4″ thick and cut into pieces or use a special bone shape cookie cutter for an extra touch.
- Bake for 25 mn untill lightly brown.
- Leave the cookies in the oven after you turned it off so that they get harder.
- Let them cool off before storing them in an air tight container.
* You can substitute the soy milk powder and the water to a cup of soy milk.
Waiting for a treat requires great concentration!
Be one with the cookie!
Subscribe by email
- Vegan in Las Vegas!
- Summer Gazpacho
- Fresh French Peas
- Potato Broccoli salad with chipotle dressing
- Herb Vegan Goat Cheese