Vegan Coconut Macaroons
If you are ever tired of chocolate chip cookies and want something a little less sweet and more exotic, go for an eggless coconut macaroon. Crispy on the outside, moist and a little chewy on the inside, these little white rocks are incredible. They are easy to make too. When I was still eating dairy products, I used to make them with sweetened condensed milk and they were really rich. After that, I forgot about them but with a little experimentation, they turned out just as good and a lot less decadent! So why not indulge and make a big batch? You can also make variations adding some chocolate or some orange peel or anything else you enjoy in your sweets.
2 cups of coconut milk
3/4 cup of dry sweetener (organic sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups dried unsweetened coconut*
1/4 cup of arrowroot or cornstarch
4 Tbs water
*if you have shredded sweetened coconut, use less dry sweetener or it will be too sweet.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Mix the coconut milk with the vanilla and sugar.
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with the water and pour into the coconut milk.
- Add the dried coconut and mix well.
- If the mixture is too wet, ad a little more coconut.
- With the help of a soup spoon, make little bundles and shape them with your hands until they resemble a little pyramid.
- Bake for 20-25 mn until lightly browned on top and bottom.
2012 airport food antioxidants arrowroot borscht breakfast scramble casserole chick pea flour chocolate pudding dairy products eggless scramble entrees France school meals French quiche Gandhi GMO corn GMO products grilled portobello grow sunflower seeds home-made pizza how to sprout sunflower seeds kindness meat consumption Meatless Monday miso salad dressing mushroom tart no bake chocolate pie Nori-Nu Silken tofu poblano chile puff pastry Purple Yam restaurant reviews root vegetable salad slippery elm spicy black bean snack sprout sunflower seeds tostada salad vegan beet soup vegan desert vegan nutloaf vegan sandwich vegan stuffed chiles vegetarian meats wakame nutrition Whole Foods