VEGAN DOG TREATS
I have bought dog cookies for years until I tried making my own and since, I never went back to the store version. I know what is in them, I can vary the recipe depending on what I have on hand. My 2 furry kids love peanut butter! I usually make a big batch over the week-end and they last for a few weeks or as long as I keep them in an air tight container!
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup of soy flour
1 cup quick oatmeal
1/3 cup of soy milk powder + 1 cup water*
1 cup of peanut butter
1 Tbl baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 315F
- Combine and mix dry ingredients.
- Mix the peanut butter and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4″ thick and cut into pieces or use a special bone shape cookie cutter for an extra touch.
- Bake for 25 mn untill lightly brown.
- Leave the cookies in the oven after you turned it off so that they get harder.
- Let them cool off before storing them in an air tight container.
* You can substitute the soy milk powder and the water to a cup of soy milk.
Waiting for a treat requires great concentration!
Be one with the cookie!
2012 airport food antioxidants arrowroot borscht breakfast scramble casserole chick pea flour chocolate pudding dairy products eggless scramble entrees France school meals French quiche Gandhi GMO corn GMO products grilled portobello grow sunflower seeds home-made pizza how to sprout sunflower seeds kindness meat consumption Meatless Monday miso salad dressing mushroom tart no bake chocolate pie Nori-Nu Silken tofu poblano chile puff pastry Purple Yam restaurant reviews root vegetable salad slippery elm spicy black bean snack sprout sunflower seeds tostada salad vegan beet soup vegan desert vegan nutloaf vegan sandwich vegan stuffed chiles vegetarian meats wakame nutrition Whole Foods