Vegan Cheese Ball
Here is a great appetizer everyone will enjoy around the holidays and for any party. Who knew that you could make a dairy-free cheese ball? Warning! This ‘cheese’ ball disappears as soon as it is served so make sure to make a double batch if you have a big crowd! You get all the flavor and none of the guilt because this version has no saturated fat or cholesterol. So you can have your cheese ball and eat it too!
1 cup blanched almonds
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup of firm tofu well drained
1 Tbl nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 drops of liquid smoke
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbl fresh chives
- Place the almonds, the pine nuts and process quickly.
- Squeeze as much water from the tofu.
- Add the tofu, the olive oil, the liquid smoke, the onion powder and salt and blend.
- You may need to stop and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the mix in a bowl and fold in the chives.
- Make a ball and wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, crunch 1 cup of walnuts into small pieces and roll the ball to cover it completely.
- Serve with crackers, celery sticks or bread slices.
Bon appetit !
2012 airport food antioxidants arrowroot borscht breakfast scramble casserole chick pea flour chocolate pudding dairy products eggless scramble entrees France school meals French quiche Gandhi GMO corn GMO products grilled portobello grow sunflower seeds home-made pizza how to sprout sunflower seeds kindness meat consumption Meatless Monday miso salad dressing mushroom tart no bake chocolate pie Nori-Nu Silken tofu poblano chile puff pastry Purple Yam restaurant reviews root vegetable salad slippery elm spicy black bean snack sprout sunflower seeds tostada salad vegan beet soup vegan desert vegan nutloaf vegan sandwich vegan stuffed chiles vegetarian meats wakame nutrition Whole Foods